Administrative Assistant, Administration, Full Time
Reporting to the Executive Administrator this full-time position provides administrative support to the department.
Qualifications: requires an ability to maintain a high degree of discretion in all communications, attention to detail, good public relations skills and excellent computer skills. This position must be able to communicate professionally and effectively with staff from all organizational levels. College degree is preferred. Position requires some moderate lifting/carrying. A valid California driver’s license and personal automobile insurance is required.
- Provides administrative support for the Executive Administrator, General Counsel and the Chief Financial Officer
- Provides administrative support for the President when the Executive Administrator is not available
- As needed, answers and places Presidents phone calls
- Assists with Board meeting preparations
- Places orders for goods and services (including furniture, office and kitchen supplies), processes payments for office supplies & services, and accurately updates equipment/furniture database records
- Coordinates general support of computers and office equipment, accurately updates equipment database records
- Processes phone bills, accurately updates phone database records
- Maintains service agreements for all office equipment and computers
- Scans and files all original contracts, processes and files certificates of insurance
- Coordinates transfer of files and mail between the Museum and the foundations’ office
- Disburses incoming mail; processes outgoing mail as needed
- Assists with special projects as needed
- Upon request, provides backup for other support positions
All applicants must provide their salary history.
Please mail resume and salary history to Norton Simon Museum, c/o Administration – Administrative Assistant Position, 411 W. Colorado Blvd., Pasadena, CA 91105, [email protected].
No phone calls please. Due to volume of resumes received, we will not be able to acknowledge receipt of resumes.
Employment is contingent upon proof of legal status to work in the United States and successfully passing a pre-employment background check.