Assistant Security Manager, Full Time
Reporting to the Director of Security, this exempt full-time position assists in the operation of the Security Department.
- Assists the Director of Security, Assistant Director of Security and the Security Managers in the operation of the Security Department
- Ensures visitor and staff safety and security, provides first aid services as necessary
- Schedules full-time and part-time security and custodial employees to ensure adequate coverage and optimum efficiency; cover absences when needed to ensure adequate staffing.
- Supervises Security Officers, Gallery Attendants and Custodians
- Assists with providing appropriate training and development of security staff and custodians
- Assists with preparation of incident and investigative reports
- Assists with investigating patron and staff complaints
- Conducts audits of security programs to ensure compliance with applicable policies and statutes
- Conducts periodic safety inspections of security equipment and security assessments of Museum grounds
- Continually assesses the effectiveness and condition of security policies, procedures, operations and equipment
- Assists with special projects as needed
Qualifications: Position requires excellent judgment; strong communication, writing and computer skills and effective presentation, negotiation, problem solving and conflict resolution skills. Position also requires at least two years of active security and/or law-enforcement; or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience. A college degree in a related field is preferred. Experience in the field of protection of high-value or cultural property is highly desirable. Knowledge of Homeland Security concepts is a plus. Must be certified in First Aid and CPR by the American Red Cross, or be able to acquire this certification within one year of hire date. Position requires ability to pass federal, state and city security clearances. It is expected that the Assistant Security Manager will develop the necessary skills and obtain training and education to be promoted to a Security Manager. Performance of essential functions requires regular moderate physical mobility and exertion in walking, climbing stairs, and standing at unexpected times. Work may require strenuous physical activity related to responding to emergencies or alarms. Work schedule involves evening and weekend hours including some holidays. The Assistant Security Manager must live within a 20-minute drive time to the Museum, be available 24 hours a day, seven days a week and must be able to respond to emergencies. A valid California driver’s license and personal automobile insurance are required.
Excellent benefits, including medical, dental, vision and life insurance and a pension program. Interested applicant should send resume to Director of Security, Norton Simon Museum of Art, 411 West Colorado Blvd., Pasadena, CA 91105 or email [email protected] All applicants must provide their salary history; resumes without salary histories will not be reviewed. No phone calls please. Due to volume of resumes received, we will not be able to acknowledge receipt of resumes.
Employment is contingent upon proof of legal status to work in the United States and successfully passing a pre-employment background check.