Senior Administrative Assistant, Administration, Full Time
Reporting to the Executive Administrator and General Counsel, this full-time position provides administrative support to the department.
Qualifications: requires an ability to professionally and effectively interact with staff from all organizational levels; maintaining a high degree of discretion in all communications. Demonstrate effective problem solving, ability to complete projects in a timely manner with little guidance and react with appropriate urgency to requests. Excellent organization and computer skills and attention to details are needed.
Two years of prior administrative experience and a college degree (BA) is required. A degree in Business Administration or Museum Studies is preferred. Experience in a law firm is helpful. Intermediate to strong knowledge of Microsoft Office products is required (Outlook, Word, Excel). Capability to learn basic computer troubleshooting to occasionally assist end users is helpful.
Position requires some moderate lifting/carrying. A valid California driver’s license and personal automobile insurance is required.
• Provides administrative support for the Chief Financial Officer with corporate/administrative matters as needed
• Assists General Counsel with:
• Processing contracts, assists in distribution of agreements and documentation to appropriate departments and
• Scanning and filing all original contracts; processes and files certificates of insurance
• Assists with preparation of routine correspondence/mailings
• Schedules meetings and arranges conference calls, books conference room as needed
• When Executive Administrator is not available:
• Provides administrative support for the President
• Answers and places Presidents phone calls
• May be asked to assist IT Manager with:
• processing purchasing records and equipment database entries
• processes phone bills
• assist with troubleshooting end user issues when IT Manager is out of the office
• Provides assistance with Board meeting preparations for three entities
• Assists in the development and monitors departmental budgets
• Approves office and kitchen supplies orders and budget
• Negotiates contracts with vendors and monitors contract compliance
• Places orders for goods and services (including furniture, processes payments and accurately updates database records
• Maintains service agreements for office equipment
• Approves Admissions, Membership and Tour reports and Museum Store giveaways
• Maintains monthly summaries of various Museum programs and comparables
• Coordinates transfer of files and mail between the Museum and the foundations’ office
• Disburses incoming mail; processes outgoing mail as needed
• Upon request, provides backup for other support positions
• Assists with special projects as needed
All applicants must provide their salary history.
Please mail resume and salary history to Norton Simon Museum, c/o Administration – Senior Administrative Assistant Position, 411 W. Colorado Blvd., Pasadena, CA 91105, [email protected].
No phone calls please. Due to volume of resumes received, we will not be able to acknowledge receipt of resumes.
Employment is contingent upon proof of legal status to work in the United States and successfully passing a pre-employment background check.