Administration, Information Technology Manager, Full Time
The Norton Simon Museum is seeking an Information Technology Manager to oversee the Museum’s IT systems and needs, working with Museum staff, consultants and an IT managed service provider. Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, this is an exempt, full-time position.
The Information Technology Manager is responsible for establishing best-practice IT governance and delivery, managing the Museum’s infrastructure and cybersecurity practices, ensuring that all aspects of individual and organizational operation technology needs are met, and providing excellent delivery of technology solutions.
- Work effectively and efficiently with consultants and service providers to manage the Museum’s IT systems and equipment
- Develop long-range plans for the organization's technology systems and develop annual goals and objectives
- Provide IT support to all staff when needed
- Maintain a current inventory of hardware, including computers, printers, monitors and other components
- Provide direction needed to improve administrative operations through more effective use of technology
- Define needs and make recommendations related to maintaining the organization's network infrastructure and technology systems
- Provide direction for the organization's data and cybersecurity protection and oversees technology governance, policies, and protocols
- Recommend and enforce technology policies, procedures, and protocols
- Oversee all network/server/telephony infrastructure, including configuration and troubleshooting. Manage support contracts and coordinate with outside vendors as necessary
- Collaborate with the Museum’s Facilities Department to ensure all technology needs are met
- Oversee and monitor the technology budget and procurement process
- Plan annual technology purchases and identify major technology projects in partnership with the Chief Financial Officer
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field.
- Minimum of 4 years' experience in IT operations.
- Customer service mindset, demonstrating patience for users who have a varied level of computer skills.
- Ability to verbally convey complex communication to individuals and groups in a clear manner and to organize reports in a way that is both professional and easy to understand.
- Successful track record of project management experience, such as hardware/software deployment, web-based upgrades, etc.
- Technology proficiency and understanding of various types of hardware (A/V, database, Macintosh, POS).
- Project coordination and organization skills; ability to manage multiple projects and produce timely, accurate work.
- Experience configuring and maintaining network hardware, including switches and firewalls.
- Experience with maintaining large storage systems, including backups and disaster planning/recovery.
- Experience with Ethernet/Fiber cabling and installation of new network drops.
- Experience handling network security issues such as viruses, malware, and social engineering.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills based on established network protocols.
- Experience testing known and open-source software for potential vulnerabilities.
- Experience with VOIP phone systems
Must be able to bend, twist, reach, and lift up to 30 pounds.
This position is scheduled to work Monday-Friday, 9:00 am to 5:30 pm.
Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience, and includes excellent benefits, including medical, dental, vision and life insurance and a generous pension program.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
The Norton Simon Entities* provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. The Norton Simon Entities do not unlawfully discriminate or tolerate harassment on the basis of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age for individuals over forty years of age, military and veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. The Norton Simon Entities make reasonable accommodations for disabled applicants and employees. This policy applies to all areas of employment including recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits, transfer, and social and recreational programs.
The Norton Simon Entities are committed to fostering, cultivating and preserving a culture of diversity and inclusion in its workforce.
*The Norton Simon Entities are composed of the following: Norton Simon Museum of Art at Pasadena and the Norton Simon Art Foundation. Employment may be with either, or both, of these entities.
How To Apply
Interested applicants should send cover letter, resume, and the names of at least two references to:
Chief Financial Officer
Norton Simon Museum of Art
411 West Colorado Blvd.
Pasadena, CA 91105
[email protected] with 'IT Manager' in the subject line.
All interested applicants must provide their expected earnings; resumes without expected earnings will not be reviewed.
Interview process is conducted in person.
No phone calls. Due to volume of resumes received, we will not be able to acknowledge receipt of resumes.
Employment is contingent upon proof of legal status to work in the United States.