Human Resources Assistant, Administration, Full Time
Reporting to the Human Resources Coordinator this full-time position provides administrative support to the department.
Qualifications: requires excellent judgment, ability to maintain a high degree of discretion in all communications, attention to detail, and excellent interpersonal, communication and computer skills. College degree and prior experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified below are preferred.
• Provides administrative support for the Human Resources Coordinator and the Chief Financial Officer.
• Assists in the operations of human resources, payroll and benefits ensuring the efficient and accurate delivery of salary payments, salary adjustments, recruitment processes, employee benefits and pension forms.
• Handles sensitive and confidential matters, including protecting the security of information, data and files.
• Responds to employee questions regarding policies and benefits, provides guidance, support, and coordination in the consistent and effective application of policies, procedures, and practices.
• Assists in processing semi-monthly payrolls; reviews and processes staff time cards
• Processes requests for vacation and notifications of sick time, updates attendance records and accruals.
• Processes personnel paperwork for new hires
• Performs background checks and drug tests on potential new hires; conducts E-Verify employment verifications
• Executes new hire orientations
• Maintains accurate records in files and a database, also maintains a database of the department’s file inventory.
• Assists with special projects as needed.
All applicants must provide their expected earnings; resumes without expected earnings will not be reviewed. No phone calls please. Due to volume of resumes received, we will not be able to acknowledge receipt of resumes.
Employment is contingent upon proof of legal status to work in the United States.
Send cover letter and resume to:
Human Resources Coordinator
Norton Simon Museum of Art
411 West Colorado Blvd
Pasadena, CA 91105
Email: [email protected]