Museum Store Assistant Manager, Full Time
The Norton Simon Museum seeks a Museum Store Assistant Manager to play a lead role in the running of the Museum’s store, which specializes in art catalogues, prints and stationery, art supplies, and gift items related to the Museum’s exceptional art collection. The Museum Store Assistant Manager reports to the Museum Store Manager and is part of the Museum’s External Affairs team.
- Creates a positive and productive environment for the store staff, with emphasis on excellent customer service
- Supervises store staff and manages scheduling, workload assignments and training
- Opens and closes registers and ensures accuracy and proper reporting
- Works with Museum Store Manager on monitoring inventory levels, storage and supplies
- Works with Museum Store Manager on facilitating annual physical inventory count
- Works with Museum Store Manager on creating timely and dynamic merchandise displays
- Ensures store maintains a clean and orderly atmosphere
- Contributes ideas for merchandise lines and product development
- Assists Museum Store Manager with purchase orders
- Assists Museum Store Manager with shipping and receiving
- Extensive retail experience required; museum retail experience preferred
- Excellent oral and written skills
- Excellent leadership skills
- Experience supervising staff
- Valid California driver's license and personal automobile insurance are required
This position requires the ability to lift up to 50 pounds and includes long hours of standing and moderate bending, lifting and reaching.
This is a full-time, non-exempt position, with weekend and evening hours expected.
Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience, and includes excellent benefits, including medical, dental, vision and life insurance and a generous pension program.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
The Norton Simon Entities* provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. The Norton Simon Entities do not unlawfully discriminate or tolerate harassment on the basis of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age for individuals over forty years of age, military and veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. The Norton Simon Entities make reasonable accommodations for disabled applicants and employees. This policy applies to all areas of employment including recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits, transfer, and social and recreational programs.
The Norton Simon Entities are committed to fostering, cultivating and preserving a culture of diversity and inclusion in its workforce.
*The Norton Simon Entities are composed of the following: Norton Simon Museum of Art at Pasadena and the Norton Simon Art Foundation. Employment may be with either, or both, of these entities.
How to apply
Interested applicants should email cover letter and resume to [email protected] with 'Museum Store Assistant Manager' in the subject line
No phone calls please. Due to volume of resumes received, we will not be able to acknowledge receipt of resumes.
Employment is contingent upon proof of legal status to work in the United States.