Virtual Staff-Guided Tours for Grades 5–12
Virtual staff-guided tours of 8–10 artworks, led by professional museum educators, promote careful observation and critical thinking through inquiry-based teaching strategies. Tours are offered on weekday mornings at 10:00am or 11:00 am on Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday.
Choose from among the following themes:
- Highlights of the Collection, featuring art from throughout the Museum's European and Asian art collections.
- European and American Highlights, featuring art from the Museum's European and American collection.
- India and Southeast Asia, featuring art from the Museum's Indian and Southeast Asian collections.
- Art of France, featuring the Museum's collection of French art.
- The Modern World, featuring art from the mid-19th through the 20th centuries.
- Elements of Art, focusing on visual components and artistic techniques in art from throughout the collection.
- Women Artists, featuring art in the collection made by women artists.
- Cultivating Empathy Through Art, featuring artworks from the collection that encourage empathy.
- Sculpture, featuring sculpture from the Museum's European and Asian collections.
- Special Exhibition, featuring art from a special exhibition.
Please note that tours can be tailored to classroom curriculum. Special requests are taken into consideration in designing tours that complement students’ interests and needs. Tours of Spanish Art are available. Please include your request in the “Special Notes” section of the Virtual Staff-Guided Tour Request form.
Length: 45 minutes
Group Size: A minimum of 8 and a maximum of 36 students are allowed per tour reservation.
Fee: There is no fee for virtual staff-guided tours.
Reservations are required and must be made at least three weeks in advance.
To request a virtual staff-guided tour, please complete:
Virtual Staff-Guided Tour Request Form
If you wish to request more than one tour, please fill out a separate form for each tour you are requesting.
Once you have correctly filled out the form, you will receive an email confirmation. If you do not receive a confirmation, then your tour is not scheduled and you need to contact the Education Department as soon as possible. You can reach us at (626) 844-6980 or [email protected].
Please be sure to read the guidelines included with your confirmation sheet.