- Artist Name: After Giovanni Francesco Romanelli (Italian, 1610-1662)
- Title: The Death of Dido
- Date: c. 1664-66
- Medium: Wool and silk tapestry
- Dimensions: 158-1/2 x 224-3/4 in. (402.6 x 570.9 cm)
- Credit Line: The Norton Simon Foundation
- Accession Number: F.1972.53.T
- Copyright: © The Norton Simon Foundation
- Guy Delmarcel, Flemish Tapestry: from the 15th to the 18th Century,1999, 295-298
- Campbell, Sara, Collector Without Walls: Norton Simon and His Hunt for the Best,2010, cat. 893 p. 349
Image reproduction permission may be granted for scholarly or arts related commercial use. All image requests, regardless of their intended purpose, should be submitted via the reproduction request form.
Images may be protected by copyright and other intellectual property rights. Additional permission may be required.
Approved requests for the reproduction of an image will receive a contract detailing all fees and conditions of use of the image. Upon receipt of both the signed contract and full payment, the Office of Rights and Reproductions will provide the image. A complimentary copy of the published material must be provided to the Norton Simon Museum.