- Artist Name: Jacques Lipchitz (French, 1891-1973)
- Title: Bather
- Date: 1923-25
- Medium: Bronze
- Edition: Edition of 7, Cast No. 7
- Dimensions: 77 x 31-3/4 x 27-1/2 in. (195.6 x 80.6 x 69.9 cm)
- Credit Line: Norton Simon Art Foundation
- Accession Number: M.1966.01.S
- Copyright: © Estate of Jacques Lipchitz
Sculpture from the Collections of Norton Simon, Inc., and the Hunt Industries Museum of Art
- Los Angeles County Museum of Art, 1968-07-15 to 1974-06-03
- Krause, J., The Nature of Art, pp. 12-13
- Wilkinson, Allan G., The Sculpture of Jacques Lipchitz: A Catalogue Raisonné,no. 169 p. 68
- Tancock, John, The Connoisseur,fig. 7 pp. 238-240
- Hope, Henry R., Sculpture of Jacques Lipchitz,
- Sculpture Garden, Norton Simon Museum,no. 23
- Goldwater, Robert, Lipchitz,
- Clutter, Mark, SOUTHLAND, Magazine of the Evening News and the Independant Press Telegram, p. 8
- Hammacher, A. M., Jacques Lipchitz: His Sculpture,pl. 30 p. 36
- Campbell, Sara, Collector Without Walls: Norton Simon and His Hunt for the Best,2010, cat. 300 p. 282
- Los Angeles, University of California, Art Galleries, Jacques Lipchitz, Sculptor and Collector,
Image reproduction permission may be granted for scholarly or arts related commercial use. All image requests, regardless of their intended purpose, should be submitted via the reproduction request form.
Images may be protected by copyright and other intellectual property rights. Additional permission may be required.
Approved requests for the reproduction of an image will receive a contract detailing all fees and conditions of use of the image. Upon receipt of both the signed contract and full payment, the Office of Rights and Reproductions will provide the image. A complimentary copy of the published material must be provided to the Norton Simon Museum.