The Chinese Man
- Georges Rouault (French, 1871-1958)
- Oil on paper, mounted on canvas
- 41 x 28-1/2 in. (104.1 x 72.4 cm)
- Credit Line:
- Norton Simon Art Foundation
- Accession Number:
- © 2017 Artists Rights Society (ARS), New York / ADAGP, Paris Reproduction, including downloading of ARS works is prohibited by copyright laws and international conventions without the express written permission of Artists Rights Society (ARS), New York
The Artist, to;
[Ambroise Vollard, Paris, in 1937].
[Perls Gallery, by 1939, to(?)]
Ambassador Hugo Gouthier de Oliveira Goudim (of Brazil), Paris [exchanged with Perls on 28 Feb 1955].
[Perls Galleries, New York, 2 September 1964 to];
Allan Bluestein, Washington, D.C. (sale, New York, Parke Bernet, 3 April 1968, lot 26, ill., as Le Chinois, to);
Norton Simon Art Foundation.
Image reproduction permission may be granted for scholarly or arts related commercial use. All image requests, regardless of their intended purpose, should be submitted via email. Requests can also be made by fax or mail.
Images may be protected by copyright and other intellectual property rights. Additional permission may be required.
Approved requests for the reproduction of an image will receive a contract detailing all fees and conditions of use of the image. Upon receipt of both the signed contract and full payment, the Office of Rights and Reproductions will provide the image. A complimentary copy of the published material must be provided to the Norton Simon Museum.
Please fill out our Online Reproduction Request Form.
|Telephone:||(626) 449-6840 x 3300|