- Artist Name: Pablo Picasso (Spanish, 1881-1973)
- Title: The Moulin Rouge
- Date: 1901
- Medium: China ink on paper
- Dimensions: 12-3/4 x 19-1/2 in. (32.4 x 49.5 cm)
- Credit Line: Norton Simon Art Foundation
- Accession Number: M.1979.34.D
- Copyright: © Estate of Pablo Picasso / Artists Rights Society (ARS), New York
[Galerie Daniel Malingue, Paris, sold 1979 to];
Norton Simon Art Foundation.
Le Dessin de Toulouse-Lautrec aux Cubistes
- Paris, Musée National d'Art Moderne, 1954 to 1954
- Zervos, Christian, Pablo Picasso: Supplement aux années 1892-1902,no. 187
- Chevalier, D., Picasso: The Blue and Rose Periods, p. 16
- Masterpieces from the Norton Simon Museum,1989, p. 6
- Brettell, Richard R. and Stephen F. Eisenman, Nineteenth-Century Art in the Norton Simon Museum, volume 1,2006,
- Campbell, Sara, Collector Without Walls: Norton Simon and His Hunt for the Best,2010, cat. 1629 p. 429
- Alarcó, Paloma and Francisco Calvo Serraller, Picasso Lautrec,2017, cat. 55 p. 141
Additional Artwork by Artist
Image reproduction permission may be granted for scholarly or arts related commercial use. All image requests, regardless of their intended purpose, should be submitted via the reproduction request form.
Images may be protected by copyright and other intellectual property rights. Additional permission may be required.
Approved requests for the reproduction of an image will receive a contract detailing all fees and conditions of use of the image. Upon receipt of both the signed contract and full payment, the Office of Rights and Reproductions will provide the image. A complimentary copy of the published material must be provided to the Norton Simon Museum.