- Lyonel Feininger (American, 1871-1956)
- Watercolor and India ink on laid paper
- comp: 10 x 7-1/8 in. (25.4 x 18.1 cm); sheet: 12-1/4 x 9-5/8 in. (31.1 x 24.4 cm)
- Credit Line:
- Norton Simon Museum, The Blue Four Galka Scheyer Collection
- Accession Number:
- © 2017 Artists Rights Society (ARS), New York / VG Bild-Kunst, Bonn Reproduction, including downloading of ARS works is prohibited by copyright laws and international conventions without the express written permission of Artists Rights Society (ARS), New York
Feininger wrote of his return to America in 1937: "I am in a very unusual frame of mind, at present. Imagine the almost unprecedented homecoming of an American after nearly 50 years' entire absence. . .to his native city. The changes that have taken place in that period of time are astonishing enough; but, on the other hand, so much still remains in parts of the city, unchanged, just as it was in the 1880s, that it calls up all my fondest boyhood memories. . . .There is nothing that does not affect me in some way; every step I take is a source of pure delight."
The artist, gift 1944 to;
Pasadena Art Institute, Pasadena, 1953-1954;
Pasadena Art Museum, Pasadena,1954-1975;
Norton Simon Museum, 1975.
Image reproduction permission may be granted for scholarly or arts related commercial use. All image requests, regardless of their intended purpose, should be submitted via email. Requests can also be made by fax or mail.
Images may be protected by copyright and other intellectual property rights. Additional permission may be required.
Approved requests for the reproduction of an image will receive a contract detailing all fees and conditions of use of the image. Upon receipt of both the signed contract and full payment, the Office of Rights and Reproductions will provide the image. A complimentary copy of the published material must be provided to the Norton Simon Museum.
|Telephone:||(626) 449-6840 x 3300|