- Sam Francis (American, 1923-1994)
- Four-color lithograph on Rives BFK paper
- 23-1/2 x 15-3/4 in. (59.7 x 40 cm)
- Credit Line:
- Norton Simon Museum, Gift of the Pasadena Art Alliance
- Accession Number:
- © 2015 Sam Francis Foundation, California / Artists Rights Society (ARS), NY Reproduction, including downloading of ARS works is prohibited by copyright laws and international conventions without the express written permission of Artists Rights Society (ARS), New York
Edition of 100, No. 2
Printed by Gemini Ltd. by Kenneth Tyler. Francis's lithographs are a universe in themselves, as expansive as his giant canvases. After Francis was introduced to the medium in 1959, lithography provided him with an additional vehicle suited to the gestural nature of his working methods. Exchanging paint for liquid tusche, his prints display drips, splashes, and spatters of brilliant color that often define the limits of a dominant white space. His dedication and love for lithography culminated in the early 1970s when he founded his own print studio in Santa Monica.
Image reproduction permission may be granted for scholarly or arts related commercial use. All image requests, regardless of their intended purpose, should be submitted via email. Requests can also be made by fax or mail.
Images may be protected by copyright and other intellectual property rights. Additional permission may be required.
Approved requests for the reproduction of an image will receive a contract detailing all fees and conditions of use of the image. Upon receipt of both the signed contract and full payment, the Office of Rights and Reproductions will provide the image. A complimentary copy of the published material must be provided to the Norton Simon Museum.
Please fill out our Online Reproduction Request Form.
|Telephone:||(626) 449-6840 x 3300|