- Artist Name: Louise Moillon (French, 1610-1696)
- Title: Still Life with Bowl of Bitter Oranges and a Lemon
- Date: 1634
- Medium: Oil on panel
- Dimensions: 18-1/4 x 25-1/2 in. (46.4 x 64.8 cm)
- Credit Line: The Norton Simon Foundation
- Accession Number: F.1972.38.P
- Copyright: © The Norton Simon Foundation
[Herner Wengraf, Ltd., London, offered June 1972 and subsequently sold September 1972 to];
The Norton Simon Foundation.
- London, Herner Wengraf, 1971 to
- Faré, Michel, La Nature Morte en France, pp. 373, opp. p. 88
- Benedict, Kurt, Maanblad voor Beeldende Kunst, pp. 29-30
- Monique Crick (author of the essay), Societe des Amis du Musee de la Compagnie des Indes (Annual publication of essays),fig. 5 p. 41
- Wright, Christopher, The French Painters of the Seventeenth Century, p. 234
- Alsina, Domenique, Louyse Moillion (Paris, vers 1610-1696) La nature morte au Grand Siècle,2009, fig. XX p.143, no. 20
- Rosenberg, Pierre, France in the Golden Age: Seventeenth-Century French Paintings in American Collections,no. 2 p. 366
- Campbell, Sara, Collector Without Walls: Norton Simon and His Hunt for the Best,2010, cat. 849 p. 344
- Harris, Ann Sutherland; and Linda Nochlin, Women Artists: 1550-1950,no. 3 p. 141
- Wilhelm, J., L'Oeil,no. 21 p. 6
Image reproduction permission may be granted for scholarly or arts related commercial use. All image requests, regardless of their intended purpose, should be submitted via the reproduction request form.
Images may be protected by copyright and other intellectual property rights. Additional permission may be required.
Approved requests for the reproduction of an image will receive a contract detailing all fees and conditions of use of the image. Upon receipt of both the signed contract and full payment, the Office of Rights and Reproductions will provide the image. A complimentary copy of the published material must be provided to the Norton Simon Museum.