- Artist Name: Paul Klee (Swiss, 1879-1940)
- Title: Plant Seeds
- Date: 1927
- Medium: Watercolor and India ink on laid paper mounted on cardboard
- Dimensions: sheet: 12 x 18 3/8 in. (30.5 x 46.7 cm); mount: 18-7/8 x 24-5/8 in. (47.9 x 62.5 cm)
- Credit Line: Norton Simon Museum, The Blue Four Galka Scheyer Collection
- Accession Number: P.1953.020
- Copyright: © Norton Simon Museum
Pasadena Art Institute, Pasadena, 1953-1954;
Pasadena Art Museum, Pasadena,1954-1975;
Norton Simon Museum, 1975.
The Blue Four: Feininger, Jawlensky, Kandinsky, Paul Klee
- Braxton Gallery, 1930-05-01 to 1930-05-15
Paul Klee: Catalogue Raisonné, Volume 5, 1927-1930, color fig. 4502 p. 69
Wünsche, Isabel, Galka E. Scheyer and the Blue Four: Correspondence 1924 - 1945, fig. 44 p. 182
Fabienne Eggelhöfer, Elsa Smithgall, Katy Siegel, et al., Ten Americans: After Paul Klee, Fig. 106 p. 144 ; p. 145 (ill.)
The Blue Four Galka Scheyer Collection, Norton Simon Museum of Art at Pasadena, no. 277 p. 118
Verdi, Richard, Klee and Nature, pp. 110-111
Paul Klee, p. 43
Additional Artwork by Artist
Image reproduction permission may be granted for scholarly or arts related commercial use. All image requests, regardless of their intended purpose, should be submitted via the reproduction request form.
Images may be protected by copyright and other intellectual property rights. Additional permission may be required.
Approved requests for the reproduction of an image will receive a contract detailing all fees and conditions of use of the image. Upon receipt of both the signed contract and full payment, the Office of Rights and Reproductions will provide the image. A complimentary copy of the published material must be provided to the Norton Simon Museum.