- Artist Name: Paul Klee (Swiss, 1879-1940)
- Title: Arabian Bride
- Date: 1924
- Medium: Watercolor and oil on wove papers, mounted on wove papers, mounted on thin cardboard
- Dimensions: comp: 13-1/4 x 6-1/2 in. (33.7 x 16.5 cm); mount: 14-1/8 x 6-7/8 in. (35.9 x 17.5 cm)
- Credit Line: Norton Simon Museum, The Blue Four Galka Scheyer Collection
- Accession Number: P.1953.024
- Copyright: © Norton Simon Museum
Galka Scheyer, who purchased from Lily Klee in 1942;
Pasadena Art Institute, Pasadena, 1953-1954;
Pasadena Art Museum, Pasadena,1954-1975;
Norton Simon Museum, 1975.
- Paul Klee, p. 25
- Kersten, Wolfgang, Paul Klee: "Zerstörung der Konstruction zuliebe?", p. 154
- Franciscono, Marcel, Paul Klee: Reisen in den Süden. Reisefieber praecisiert, pp. 54, 61
- Paul Klee Catalogue Raisonné, Volume 4, 1923-1926,no. 3523 p. 229
- Barnett, Vivian Endicott, The Blue Four Collection at the Norton Simon Museum,no. 333 pp. 316-317
- Gockel, Bettina, Kunstler in System der Wissenschafter 1880-1930,2010, Fig. XXI
- The Blue Four Galka Scheyer Collection, Norton Simon Museum of Art at Pasadena,no. 276 pp. 108, 117
- Michael Baumgartner, Ernst-Gerhard Güse, Erich Franz / Ursula Heiderich, Christine Hopfengart, Anna Schafroth, Paul Klee. August Macke. Louis Moilliet. The Trip to Tunisia. 1914,2014, Fig. 77 p.186
Additional Artwork by Artist
Image reproduction permission may be granted for scholarly or arts related commercial use. All image requests, regardless of their intended purpose, should be submitted via the reproduction request form.
Images may be protected by copyright and other intellectual property rights. Additional permission may be required.
Approved requests for the reproduction of an image will receive a contract detailing all fees and conditions of use of the image. Upon receipt of both the signed contract and full payment, the Office of Rights and Reproductions will provide the image. A complimentary copy of the published material must be provided to the Norton Simon Museum.