- Artist Name: Paul Klee (Swiss, 1879-1940)
- Title: Swamp Water-Sprite
- Date: 1924
- Medium: Watercolor and oil transfer drawing on laid paper, mounted on cardboard
- Dimensions: sheet: 11-3/4 x 18-1/8 in. (29.8 x 46.0 cm); mount: 14 x 20 x 20-3/4 in. (35.6 x 50.8 x 52.7 cm)
- Credit Line: Norton Simon Museum, The Blue Four Galka Scheyer Collection
- Accession Number: P.1953.031
- Copyright: © Norton Simon Museum
Galka Scheyer, who purchased from Lily Klee in 1942;
Pasadena Art Institute, Pasadena, 1953-1954;
Pasadena Art Museum, Pasadena,1954-1975;
Norton Simon Museum, 1975.
Paul Klee and the Myth
- Munich, Haus der Kunst, to 1999-10-01
- Paul Klee, p. 26
- Glaesemer, Jürgen, Paul Klee: Handzeichnungen II 1921-1936, p. 15
- Paul Klee Catalogue Raisonné, Volume 4, 1923-1926,no. 3435 p. 200
- Barnett, Vivian Endicott, The Blue Four Collection at the Norton Simon Museum,no. 332 pp. 314-315
- The Blue Four Galka Scheyer Collection, Norton Simon Museum of Art at Pasadena,no. 275 p. 108
Additional Artwork by Artist
Image reproduction permission may be granted for scholarly or arts related commercial use. All image requests, regardless of their intended purpose, should be submitted via the reproduction request form.
Images may be protected by copyright and other intellectual property rights. Additional permission may be required.
Approved requests for the reproduction of an image will receive a contract detailing all fees and conditions of use of the image. Upon receipt of both the signed contract and full payment, the Office of Rights and Reproductions will provide the image. A complimentary copy of the published material must be provided to the Norton Simon Museum.