Curatorial (9-month position): September-June
The Norton Simon Museum offers graduate students the opportunity to work with its curators and collections staff on a range of exhibition, research and object-oriented projects. This nine-month, paid internship is centered on the Museum’s outstanding art collection, and can be tailored to complement the selected intern’s areas of interest.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting curators and registrars with temporary exhibitions and permanent collection displays
- Conducting research on the collection
- Responding to public inquiries
- Assisting visiting scholars
- Contributing to collections management and conservation projects
- Writing wall labels, newsletter articles and other didactic materials
Strong research and writing skills are required; reading knowledge of at least one foreign language is welcomed.
How to apply
The application deadline for our 2019 internships has passed. Please check back in November 2019 for details on how to apply for our 2020 opportunities.