Visiting the Museum
Welcome to the Norton Simon Museum!
We are delighted to welcome you to our galleries and garden. Please review the visitation protocols and guidelines listed below before your visit. We look forward to seeing you soon.
|Monday||12:00 - 5:00 p.m.|
|Thursday||12:00 - 5:00 p.m.|
|Friday||12:00 - 5:00 p.m.|
|Saturday||12:00 - 7:00 p.m.|
|Sunday||12:00 - 5:00 p.m.|
Please note our sculpture garden, café and store close at 4:45 p.m. (6:45 p.m. on Saturday). The final entry time for non-members or visitors without tickets is 4:15 p.m. (6:15 p.m. on Saturday).
We will be closed:
Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day, and Rose Parade Day (January 2)
We will be open with modified hours:
Christmas Eve, New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day (12:00 – 4:00 p.m.)
Tuesday, December 27 and Wednesday, December 28 (12:00 – 5:00 p.m.)
|Seniors (ages 62 and above)||$12.00|
|Children (ages 18 and under)||Free|
|Students with valid I.D.||Free|
The Museum also offers free admission to active military personnel (valid ID is required), museum colleagues (business card or staff badge is required), members of AAM and ICOM (membership card is required), members of the media (business card or staff badge is required), holders of the EBT card, visitors who are legally blind, and caregivers accompanying visitors with disabilities.
Advance tickets are recommended to expedite check-in. Members check-in at the membership desk (no reservations required).
- Face coverings are strongly recommended when in indoor areas of the Museum, regardless of vaccination status.
- Maintain a physical distance with people outside your group of at least 6 ft.
- Stay home if you’re feeling unwell or have had contact with a person with Covid-19 symptoms.*
- To expedite entry, purchase tickets in advance (members do not need to reserve tickets in advance).
- Wash your hands frequently; hand sanitizing stations are available in select areas of the museum.
- Groups of more than 15 guests are not permitted.
* Covid-19 symptoms include a fever of 100° or higher, cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, sore throat, chills, headache, muscle ache, a new loss of taste or smell, congestion or runny nose, nausea, vomiting or diarrhea.
In addition to our Covid-19 protocols, we have instituted the following temporary changes:
- Drinking fountains are unavailable. Water is available for purchase in our garden café.
- In-person programming and tours are temporarily suspended. Audio tours can be accessed via personal mobile devices; please remember to bring your own headphones to use in our galleries.
- Our coat check is limited. Please leave all bags, purses or other carried items larger than 11” x 15” at home or in your vehicle. They will not be permitted in the galleries or garden.
- The final entry time for non-members or visitors without tickets is 4:15 p.m.
- Advance tickets are no longer required, but are recommended to expedite check-in.
- Our general admission tickets will be sold for a specific day but not a specific entry time.
- We will release tickets one month at a time.
- If you become sick or are unable to visit the museum, you may still redeem your ticket up to 4 weeks from the original visit date.
- Tickets are non-transferable.
- If you qualify for one of our “free admission” categories, you must bring proof of eligibility with you at check-in.
- Groups of more than 15 guests are not permitted at this time. Independent tour operators who are planning to visit with groups of 15 or fewer visitors are required to fill out an Independent Tour Request Form.
- Tickets can only be reserved or purchased for one visit per order.
Questions? Please email [email protected].
The Garden Café, operated by the Patina Restaurant Group, is open. No outside food or drink is permitted, unless for medical necessity (please inform a security manager).
The Museum Store is open. You can also shop our selection of books, prints, gifts and more at store.nortonsimon.org. Free curbside pickup for online orders is available.
All of our onsite programming is temporarily suspended. However, we offer a variety of virtual programming, including virtual art classes and art-making activities for children and adults, videos on our collection and conservation efforts, school resources, and much more.
Audio tours can be accessed via personal mobile devices; please remember to bring your own headphones to use in our galleries.
The Norton Simon Museum is located at 411 W. Colorado Blvd, Pasadena, CA 91105
The Museum’s parking lot is free of charge, and there is limited free parking on adjacent streets. There is a limited number of bike racks on our property.
A Pasadena Transit bus stop is located in front of the Museum. Please visit the Pasadena Transit for schedules. The Metro bus line #180/181 stops in front of the Museum. The Memorial Park Station on the Metro Gold Line, the closest Metro Rail station to the Museum, is located at 125 E. Holly St. at Arroyo Parkway. Please visit Metro for schedules.
Staff and visitors of the Museum have the right to an environment free from abuse, harassment, and threatening or inappropriate behavior. The Museum reserves the right to remove any person acting in a manner contrary to these guidelines.