Visiting the Museum
Welcome back to the Norton Simon Museum!
We are excited to welcome you back to our galleries and garden once again. However, in order to protect our staff and visitors, we’ve made some changes. Please carefully review the visitation protocols and guidelines listed below before your visit. We look forward to seeing you soon!
|Monday||12:00 - 5:00 p.m.|
|Thursday||12:00 - 5:00 p.m.|
|Friday||12:00 - 5:00 p.m.|
|Saturday||12:00 - 5:00 p.m.|
12:00 - 5:00 p.m.
Please note our sculpture garden and café close at 4:45 p.m.
|Seniors (ages 62 and above)||$12.00|
|Children (ages 18 and under)||Free|
|Students with valid I.D.||Free|
The Museum also offers free admission to active military personnel (valid ID is required), museum colleagues (business card or staff badge is required), members of AAM and ICOM (membership card is required), members of the media (business card or staff badge is required), holders of the EBT card, visitors who are legally blind, and caregivers accompanying visitors with disabilities.
The health and safety of our visitors and staff is very important to us. These protocols will be strictly enforced.
- Wear a face mask covering your mouth and nose at all times, even if you’ve been vaccinated.
- Maintain a physical distance with people outside your group of at least 6 ft.
- Stay home if you’re feeling unwell or have had contact with a person with Covid-19 symptoms.*
- Occupancy throughout the galleries and gardens is limited. To ensure entry, we strongly encourage you to purchase tickets in advance (members do not need to reserve tickets in advance). Please plan on arriving no earlier than ten minutes before your ticket time.
- Handwashing is encouraged, and hand sanitizing stations are available in select areas of the museum.
- Groups of more than six guests are not permitted. Onsite instruction is not allowed.
* Covid-19 symptoms include a fever of 100° or higher, cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, sore throat, chills, headache, muscle ache, a new loss of taste or smell, congestion or runny nose, nausea, vomiting or diarrhea.
In addition to our Covid-19 protocols, we have instituted the following temporary changes:
- Our theater remains closed.
- Drinking fountains are unavailable. Water is available for purchase in our garden café.
- In-person programming and tours, audio guides and printed brochures are temporarily suspended.
- Our coat check is limited. Please leave all bags, purses or other carried items larger than 11” x 15” at home or in your vehicle. They will not be permitted in the galleries or garden.
- To ensure entry, we strongly encourage you to purchase tickets in advance. Members do not need to reserve advance tickets.
- Please plan on arriving no earlier than ten minutes before your ticket time.
- Tickets are non-transferable.
- If you become sick or are unable to visit the museum, please email [email protected] to cancel. Refunds are given for cancellations made no later than one day after the ticket time.
- If you qualify for one of our “free admission” categories, you must bring proof of eligibility with you at check-in.
- Groups of more than six guests are not permitted at this time.
- Due to capacity restrictions, tickets are highly recommended, even if you qualify for one of our free admission categories (see above). Proof of eligibility will be required at check-in.
- Tickets can only be reserved or purchased for one visit per order.
The Garden Café, operated by the Patina Restaurant Group, is open. No outside food or drink is permitted, unless for medical necessity (please inform a security manager).
The Museum Store is now open. You can also shop our selection of books, prints, gifts and more at store.nortonsimon.org. Free curbside pickup for online orders is available.
All of our onsite programming is temporarily suspended, including our daily screenings of The Art of Norton Simon. However, we offer a variety of virtual programming, including art-making activities for children and adults, videos on our collection and conservation efforts, school resources, and much more. Explore Museum from Home and Distance Learning.
The Norton Simon Museum is located at 411 W. Colorado Blvd, Pasadena, CA 91105
The Museum’s parking lot is free of charge, and there is limited free parking on adjacent streets. There is a limited number of bike racks on our property.
A Pasadena Transit bus stop is located in front of the Museum. Please visit the Pasadena Transit for schedules. The Metro bus line #180/181 stops in front of the Museum. The Memorial Park Station on the Metro Gold Line, the closest Metro Rail station to the Museum, is located at 125 E. Holly St. at Arroyo Parkway. Please visit Metro for schedules.
Staff and visitors of the Museum have the right to an environment free from abuse, harassment, and threatening or inappropriate behavior. The Museum reserves the right to remove any person acting in a manner contrary to these guidelines.