In Indian art, a serpent deity or nagaraja, is often depicted as a human with a snake hood. In this sculpture, a seven-headed cobra forms a canopy that protects the serpent deity who would have once stood more than nine feet tall. Snakes are associated with the power to produce rain, thereby bringing forth growth and abundance, and, since snakes shed their skin to grow, they are also symbols of regeneration.
Take a moment to consider the idea of growth.
- Sit comfortably, close your eyes and take a few deep breaths.
- In these challenging times, it can be hard to feel that growth is taking place.
- Pause and consider what this moment in time might be teaching us.
- After every storm, flowers bloom.
- Through adversity, comes growth.
- Roll your shoulders back and shed any tension.
- Lift your chest towards the sky.
- Take a deep breath in and a deep breath out.
- Embrace this time of growth.