The years that Monet lived in a rented house at Vétheuil, a small village northwest of Paris, were hard ones. His wife passed away and he experienced financial hardship. Yet, it was also during this time that he created some of his most lively paintings. Here, we see the artist's garden on a warm sunny day with blue skies, bright blooms and wild greenery thriving alongside the path to his home.
Follow the path and have a seat on the steps under the sunshine, among the sunflowers and gladioli.
- Close your eyes and take a few deep breaths.
- Think of a time when you felt pure happiness—Where were you? What were you doing? What about this moment gave you joy?
- Pause, and reflect on this memory.
- Gently lift the corners of your mouth.
- (Or, maybe you already have)