Administration, Executive Assistant, Full Time
Reporting to the President, this exempt, full-time position provides administrative support to the President and the Boards of the three Norton Simon entities.
- Coordinates, oversees and performs a wide variety of tasks and confidential assignments for the President. May also perform confidential assignments for the Chairpersons, Chief Financial Officer, General Counsel and the Boards
- Serves as the primary point of contact and liaison for the President on day-to-day operational and administrative issues and responds independently to matters of precedent or policy
- Maintains the President’s calendar and list of outstanding projects and other relevant issues. Produces daily calendars, agendas and reminders of events and projects; coordinates meetings and conference calls
- Coordinates Board and Committee meetings for the Norton Simon entities
- Maintains corporate records
- Places and answers all President’s calls
- Arranges the President’s travel
- Maintains the President’s expense records; produces expense reports
- Produces reports for the President on a variety of topics
- Maintains archival records for the Norton Simon entities and Norton Simon
- Maintains various databases used by the administration department
- Co-supervises the administration department’s support personnel
- Helps develop and manage budgets for the administration department; processes and maintains confidential contracts and invoices
- Manages and performs special projects as assigned by the President
- Requires excellent judgment, organizational skills, and ability to maintain a high degree of discretion in all communications
- Requires exceptional attention to detail, interpersonal skills and advanced computer skills
The Executive Assistant works independently to seamlessly handle many requests and tasks simultaneously. This position must be able to communicate professionally with Board members, other executives, and staff at all organizational levels, reacting effectively with an appropriate sense of urgency to various situations and requests.
A college degree with five + years of administrative and organizational experience that directly relates to the duties and responsibilities specified above.
Notary commission or ability to acquire a commission within one year of date of hire is necessary. A valid California driver’s license and personal automobile insurance is required.
This position requires some moderate lifting, stretching, reaching, and bending.
This is a full-time, exempt position scheduled to work on-site from 8:30 am to 5:30 pm.
Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience, and includes excellent benefits, including medical, dental, vision and life insurance and a generous pension program.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
The Norton Simon Entities* provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. The Norton Simon Entities do not unlawfully discriminate or tolerate harassment on the basis of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age for individuals over forty years of age, military and veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. The Norton Simon Entities make reasonable accommodations for disabled applicants and employees. This policy applies to all areas of employment including recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits, transfer, and social and recreational programs.
The Norton Simon Entities are committed to fostering, cultivating and preserving a culture of diversity and inclusion in its workforce.
*The Norton Simon Entities are composed of the following: Norton Simon Museum of Art at Pasadena and the Norton Simon Art Foundation. Employment may be with either, or both, of these entities.
How To Apply
Interested applicants should send cover letter, resume, and the names of at least two references to:
Human Resources Manager
Norton Simon Museum of Art
411 West Colorado Blvd.
Pasadena, CA 91105
[email protected] with 'Executive Assistant' in the subject line.
All interested applicants must provide their expected earnings; resumes without expected earnings will not be reviewed.
Interview process is conducted in person.
No phone calls. Due to volume of resumes received, we will not be able to acknowledge receipt of resumes.
Employment is contingent upon proof of legal status to work in the United States.