Education (3-month position): June-August
The Norton Simon Museum offers undergraduate/graduate students or recent graduates the opportunity to work with its education team during the summer season. This 10-week, part-time paid internship is centered on the Museum’s outstanding art collection.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assisting with educational programming
- Assisting in development of art activities for existing and future education programs
- Assisting with large events including the Garden Party, An Afternoon for Teachers and planning for the Fall Family Festival
- Developing project related to applicant’s area of expertise
- Assisting with Summer Community Outreach program
- Assisting in day-to-day departmental operations
- Conducting collections-based research as related to departmental needs
The Summer Education Intern will start in May or June 2023.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
The Norton Simon Entities* provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. The Norton Simon Entities do not unlawfully discriminate or tolerate harassment on the basis of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age for individuals over forty years of age, military and veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. The Norton Simon Entities make reasonable accommodations for disabled applicants and employees. This policy applies to all areas of employment including recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits, transfer, and social and recreational programs.
The Norton Simon Entities are committed to fostering, cultivating and preserving a culture of diversity and inclusion in its workforce.
*The Norton Simon Entities are composed of the following: Norton Simon Museum of Art at Pasadena and the Norton Simon Art Foundation. Employment may be with either, or both, of these entities.
How to apply
Please check back in December 2023 for details about the Summer 2024 Education Internship program application process.