- Artist Name: Bonaventure de Bar (French, 1700-1729)
- Title: Fete Champetre
- Date: c. 1725
- Medium: Oil on panel
- Dimensions: 7-7/8 x 10-3/4 in. (20.0 x 27.3 cm)
- Credit Line: The Norton Simon Foundation
- Accession Number: F.1970.01.P
- Copyright: © The Norton Simon Foundation
pendant paintings by Bonaventure de Bar).
Morel collection (sale, 19 April 1786, later rescheduled for 3 May 1786, lot 150).
Artaud (sale, Paris, 15 November (and following days) 1791, lot 106, as one of two).
William, Earl of Lonsdale (sale, London, Christie's, 18 June 1887, lot 866, as Watteau, A Fête Champêtre, to);
[Thos. Agnew & Sons, London].
Edward Cecil Guinness (d. 1927), 1st Earl of Iveagh, County Down, Northern Ireland.
Arthur Ernest Guinness, D.L., Holmbury House, Holmbury St. Mary, Surrey, Estate (sale, London, Christie's, 10 July 1953, lot 67, as Pater, A Fête Champêtre, to);
[Arthur Tooth & Sons, London].
[Thos. Agnew & Sons, London; sold October 1953 to];
[M. Knoedler & Co., Inc., New York; jointly owned with Pinakos, Ltd., New York; stock no. A5467; sold 2 April 1960 to];
Valerian Stuy-Rybar; sold 1963 to;
[M. Knoedler & Co., Inc., New York; stock no. A8543; sold 20 May 1964 to];
Henry T. Mudd, Los Angeles.
[Richard L. Feigen & Co., New York; sold 1970 to];
The Norton Simon Foundation.
Les Fêtes Galantes
- Richmond, Virginia Museum of Fine Arts, 1956-01-20 to 1956-03-05
- Masterpieces from the Norton Simon Museum,1989, p. 89
- Montreal, Museum of Fine Arts, Héritage de France: French Paintings 1610-1760,no. 58 p. 128
- Campbell, Sara, Collector Without Walls: Norton Simon and His Hunt for the Best,2010, cat. 712 p. 330
Image reproduction permission may be granted for scholarly or arts related commercial use. All image requests, regardless of their intended purpose, should be submitted via the reproduction request form.
Images may be protected by copyright and other intellectual property rights. Additional permission may be required.
Approved requests for the reproduction of an image will receive a contract detailing all fees and conditions of use of the image. Upon receipt of both the signed contract and full payment, the Office of Rights and Reproductions will provide the image. A complimentary copy of the published material must be provided to the Norton Simon Museum.