- Pablo Picasso (Spanish, 1881-1973)
- December 5, 1945
- Lithograph on paper, first state
- 11-5/8 x 17 in. (29.5 x 43.2 cm)
- Credit Line:
- Norton Simon Art Foundation
- Accession Number:
- © 2016 Estate of Pablo Picasso / Artists Rights Society (ARS), New York Reproduction, including downloading of ARS works is prohibited by copyright laws and international conventions without the express written permission of Artists Rights Society (ARS), New York
The Norton Simon Museum is noted for its collection of Picasso's graphic works. Among them are prime examples of the artist's progressive suites -- groups of lithographs reworked several times to create a successive group of images. Outstanding among these progressive suites is the series entitled "Le Taureau," or "The Bull," a sequence of states beginning with a realistic representation of a bull and ending with a stunning simplification of that form. In this group alone, Picasso clearly demonstrates why he is both a classical master draughtsman and the revolutionary creator of modern art.
Image reproduction permission may be granted for scholarly or arts related commercial use. All image requests, regardless of their intended purpose, should be submitted via email. Requests can also be made by fax or mail.
Images may be protected by copyright and other intellectual property rights. Additional permission may be required.
Approved requests for the reproduction of an image will receive a contract detailing all fees and conditions of use of the image. Upon receipt of both the signed contract and full payment, the Office of Rights and Reproductions will provide the image. A complimentary copy of the published material must be provided to the Norton Simon Museum.
|Telephone:||(626) 449-6840 x 3300|