Private tours of the galleries and gardens provide a unique and intimate way to experience the Norton Simon Museum’s magnificent art collections. Conducted by professional Museum educators, private tours can be scheduled any day of the week during open hours, as per availability (please note the Museum is closed on Tuesday and Wednesday). The maximum group size is 60; groups will be broken into touring units of 15 people per group, each with its own educator.
The fee for a private tour includes the price of admission and must be paid in full at least two weeks in advance of the scheduled tour date. A reduction in the number of participants or a tour cancellation must be made at least 48 hours in advance to receive a refund.
To request a private tour, please complete:
Private Tour Fees
Choose from among the following themes:
- Highlights of the Collection, featuring art from throughout the Museum's European and Asian art collections.
- European and American Highlights, featuring art from the Museum's European and American collection.
- India and Southeast Asia, featuring art from the Museum's Indian and Southeast Asian collections.
- Art of France, featuring the Museum's collection of French art.
- The Modern World, featuring art from the mid-19th through the 20th centuries.
- Elements of Art, focusing on visual components and artistic techniques in art from throughout the collection.
- Women Artists, featuring art in the collection made by women artists.
- Sculpture, featuring sculpture from the Museum's European and Asian collections.
- Special Exhibition, featuring art from a special exhibition.