- Artist Name: Georges Rouault (French, 1871-1958)
- Title: Two Nudes (The Sirens)
- Date: 1906/08
- Medium: Gouache on paper
- Dimensions: 27 x 21-1/2 in. (68.6 x 54.6 cm)
- Credit Line: Norton Simon Art Foundation
- Accession Number: M.1969.25.P
- Copyright: © 2017 Artists Rights Society (ARS), New York / ADAGP, Paris Reproduction, including downloading of ARS works is prohibited by copyright laws and international conventions without the express written permission of Artists Rights Society (ARS), New York
Quinn Estate, sold 1926 to;
R. Sturgis Ingersoll, Penllyn, Pennsylvania.
[Jane Wade, Inc., New York];
Norton Simon Art Foundation.
Masterpieces of Philadelphia Private Collections
- Philadelphia Museum of Art, 1947-05-30 to 1947-09-14
- John Quinn, 1870-1925 [sic]. Collection of Paintings, Watercolors, Drawings and Sculpture, pp. 14, 114
- Pach, Walter, The Masters of Modern Art,no. 18 p. 108
- Canaday, John, Mainstreams of Modern Art,fig. 491 pp. 410, 411
- Zilczer, Judith, "The Noble Buyer:" John Quinn, Patron of the Avant-Garde, p. 181
- Masterpieces from the Norton Simon Museum,1989, p. 185
- Campbell, Sara, Collector Without Walls: Norton Simon and His Hunt for the Best,2010, cat. 615 p. 319
- Steadman, David W., The Connoisseur, pp. 220-231
- Puy, M., Edition de la Nouvelle Revue Française,
Image reproduction permission may be granted for scholarly or arts related commercial use. All image requests, regardless of their intended purpose, should be submitted via the reproduction request form.
Images may be protected by copyright and other intellectual property rights. Additional permission may be required.
Approved requests for the reproduction of an image will receive a contract detailing all fees and conditions of use of the image. Upon receipt of both the signed contract and full payment, the Office of Rights and Reproductions will provide the image. A complimentary copy of the published material must be provided to the Norton Simon Museum.