- Lyonel Feininger (American, 1871-1956)
- Watercolor and India ink on laid paper
- comp: 7-7/8 x 8-3/4 in. (20.0 x 22.2 cm); sheet: 9-1/4 x 11-7/8 in. (23.5 x 30.2 cm)
- Credit Line:
- Norton Simon Museum, The Blue Four Galka Scheyer Collection
- Accession Number:
- © 2017 Artists Rights Society (ARS), New York / VG Bild-Kunst, Bonn Reproduction, including downloading of ARS works is prohibited by copyright laws and international conventions without the express written permission of Artists Rights Society (ARS), New York
These compositions Feininger called his "children's drawings," brilliantly colored watercolors scrawled with the agitated and tremulous lines of his early etchings � a striking contrast to the precise, razor-sharp lines that define the majority of his work.
The artist, gift 1922 to;
Pasadena Art Institute, Pasadena, 1953-1954;
Pasadena Art Museum, Pasadena,1954-1975;
Norton Simon Museum, 1975.
Image reproduction permission may be granted for scholarly or arts related commercial use. All image requests, regardless of their intended purpose, should be submitted via email. Requests can also be made by fax or mail.
Images may be protected by copyright and other intellectual property rights. Additional permission may be required.
Approved requests for the reproduction of an image will receive a contract detailing all fees and conditions of use of the image. Upon receipt of both the signed contract and full payment, the Office of Rights and Reproductions will provide the image. A complimentary copy of the published material must be provided to the Norton Simon Museum.
|Telephone:||(626) 449-6840 x 3300|